The First Snowfall of the Year

October 28th, 2008

Yesterday morning when Mr Chiot’s and I were getting ready to head out to a shoot it started snowing. How exciting! We’re super excited about the coming winter and we’re hoping for tons and tons of snow. It’s difficult to get a good photo of a tiny snowflake, but I managed to get 2.

Anyone else out there get snow already?

9 Comments to “The First Snowfall of the Year”
  1. Wesley on October 28, 2008 at 5:53 am

Wow, those photos are stunning.

Reply to Wesley's comment

2. Carolyn on October 28, 2008 at 6:55 am

AMAZING pics!!

Reply to Carolyn's comment

3. Pine Pod Farm on October 28, 2008 at 7:33 am

We had some snow flurries yesterday in our part of Ohio.

Reply to Pine Pod Farm's comment

4. Susy on October 28, 2008 at 8:54 am

We actually have having flurries again this morning, with HUGE snowflakes. Mr Chiot’s put on “Let it Snow, Let it Snow” on the computer in the office for us to listen to.

5. Jennifer on October 28, 2008 at 9:09 am

Aarrrgh!

I was just going to post about snow! Great pictures. :) Did you get any accumulation at all?

Reply to Jennifer's comment

6. Susy on October 28, 2008 at 9:17 am

We didn’t get any accumulation yesterday, but it snowed again last night and this morning and the garage roof was white as was the lawn. It melted off not too long after the snow quit falling.

7. n. on October 28, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Nice photos! We got snow in Philly but nothing stuck, we’d had snow by this time last year in Colorado too. Now it’s starting to feel like winter.

Reply to n.'s comment

8. Joe on October 28, 2008 at 8:23 pm

That is just amazing! Beautiful photos! I feel both envy and pity towards you. Envy because you’ll soon be in a winter wonderland and pity because it means no real gardening for months.

Again, excellent pictures!

Reply to Joe's comment

9. Susy on October 28, 2008 at 8:49 pm

I know, I’m sad about the gardening. But I also love to cook & bake so I’m excited about having more time for those things. Plus we’ll be able to start enjoying all the things I canned & preserved for the winter.