Enjoy the Little Things

February 16th, 2009

Take some time today to stop and smell the flowers. I know for many of us there are no flowers blooming during the cold winter months, but we can still take some time to enjoy those little things in our lives that often go unnoticed.
little-kid-holding-a-flower
Today I’m thankful for all:

the smell of my morning coffee
the comfort of an old relationship
the books on my shelves waiting to be read
the warmth of my home
the food in my pantry
and the simplicity of my life.

What little things are you going to take time to enjoy today?

7 Comments to “Enjoy the Little Things”
  1. Sherri on February 16, 2009 at 7:42 am

What a nice reminder! I’m thankful for….

my morning tea
    a loving husband who is the most amazing father a kid could hope for
    the baby growing in my belly
    hopes and dreams
    the return of spring!

Sherri’s last blog post.. Our Garden

Reply to Sherri's comment

2. deborah on February 16, 2009 at 10:43 am

What a lovely exercise to begin the day. I’m grateful for:

Life under lights downstairs
    Cats that love to be on my lap
    The birds that come to the feeder outside my kitchen window
    A husband who adores me inspite of my “piece of work-ness”
    Two beautiful, kind, and generous 20-something boys
    New blogging friends
    The promise of Spring.
    (And the fact that I could go on and on and on.)
    Life is very good indeed!

deborah’s last blog post.. Forcing the Issue

Reply to deborah's comment

3. Jill Jackson on February 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Great reminder and great photo! Thanks.

Reply to Jill Jackson's comment

4. catalangardener on February 17, 2009 at 1:35 am

Oh today I’ll be photographing and sniffing lots of almond blossom. It’s the prettiest thing with the most devine scent.

Nice post to wake up to!

Reply to catalangardener's comment

5. Frugal Trenches on February 17, 2009 at 3:00 am

Really really beautiful! I’m grateful for this time off, while not nice there are so many benefits!

Reply to Frugal Trenches's comment

6. Mangochild on February 17, 2009 at 3:22 am

I need this reminder just about now, thank you. I’m thankful for:
    –my family, who still puts up with me through the meltdowns and the snappy tones that come out with stress
    –the fact that there is no snow on the ground and soon the soil will start warming and growing things
    –moments to look outside my window in the middle of the day and see a world outside myself
    –crossword puzzles
    –warmth and food – emotional and physical
    –possibilities

Reply to Mangochild's comment

7. Allie on February 17, 2009 at 10:37 am

Thank you for this post. I think I’m going to take a few minutes to brew myself a nice cup of tea and enjoy it in silence.

Allie’s last blog post.. What’s Going On