Gardening Quote: Aristotle

June 16th, 2009

“In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous”
-Aristotle

Fresh flowering in the Winder
I love being able to bring some of those marvelous things inside to enjoy.

Do you bring fresh flowers indoors to enjoy?

11 Comments to “Gardening Quote: Aristotle”
  1. Helen - patientgardener on June 16, 2009 at 7:29 am

Oh dear I do try to bring flowers inside but I always worry about not leaving anything flowering in the garden. At the moment things are only just coming out but maybe in a week or so I will get more adventorous.

Reply to Helen – patientgardener's comment

2. Mangochild on June 16, 2009 at 7:38 am

Like Helen, I worry about not leaving anything growing in the garden. I (finally) settled on some flowering plants for my front yard (lily varieties and some heather), but can’t bring myself to pick them.
    .-= Mangochild´s last blog ..Tuesdays Independence Days: Week 5 =-.

Reply to Mangochild's comment

3. Daphne on June 16, 2009 at 8:01 am

Oh yes. I’m not worried at all about my garden having flowers. It has enough. It can share with me. I like to keep the ox-eyed daisies picked off so they don’t spread, but I just can’t keep up with them. I’ve been giving them away to friends.
    .-= Daphne´s last blog ..Monday Harvest Tally =-.

Reply to Daphne's comment

4. Kim of Instrument of Grace on June 16, 2009 at 9:36 am

Yes! I bring flowers inside. Yours are lovely.
    .-= Kim of Instrument of Grace´s last blog ..More Wide Views – Front Left Bed =-.

Reply to Kim of Instrument of Grace's comment

5. inadvertent farmer on June 16, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I do not because my husband is convinced they aggrevate his allergies. I say it is grass he is allergic to not flowers but he is unconvinced. So we eat outside on the patio and I put a big bunch in a vase on the patio table…marriage is all about compromise I suppose,!!! Kim
    .-= inadvertent farmer´s last blog ..Garden Beauty Just For Beauty’s Sake… =-.

Reply to inadvertent farmer's comment

• Susy on June 16, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Oh yes, Mr Chiots also is allergic, but since he takes medicine during his bad times that’s when I bring flowers in.

6. 1916home.net on June 16, 2009 at 2:34 pm

We used to bring flowers inside once in a while, but preferred them outside since we dont use a lot of lighting indoors. Now that my mom passed recently, we bring our fresh cut flowers to the cemetery whenever we make it there.
    .-= 1916home.net´s last blog ..Random Garden Quotes =-.

Reply to 1916home.net's comment

7. Helen at Toronto Gardens on June 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm

The mock orange is now in bloom, and I’ve been waiting all spring to prune them so I can bring them indoors.
    .-= Helen at Toronto Gardens´s last blog ..Lust List: Beauty of Livermere Poppy =-.

Reply to Helen at Toronto Gardens's comment

8. pam on June 16, 2009 at 5:48 pm

I was just thinking about this today. I take all of my houseplants outside in the summer and I bring all the outside blooms in!
    .-= pam´s last blog ..Garden Tuesday – Daylillies =-.

Reply to pam's comment

9. Claire on June 16, 2009 at 8:07 pm

I love bringing flowers indoors – my favourites are Peonies, Tea Roses, Freesia and Gladioli. One day, I would like a whole cutting section of my garden.
    Claire
    .-= Claire´s last blog ..Poppies =-.

Reply to Claire's comment

10. Kelly Butler on June 16, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I love love love the middle arrangement!! BEAUTIFUL!!
    .-= Kelly Butler´s last blog ..Vote for Girl Power 2 Cure!!! =-.

Reply to Kelly Butler's comment