Quote of the Day: L.M. Montgomery

October 7th, 2009

“If I wasn’t a human girl I think I’d like to be a bee and live among the flowers.”

Anne of Green Gables, L. M. Montgomery, 1908
Honeybee_on_echinacea
Honeybees_on_milkweed
Bumblebee_on_echinacea

I thought about this quote yesterday as I worked out in the gardens. I think if I were an insect I would choose to be a bee, flitting around the gardens all day gathering pollen and nectar.

What about you, what kind of insect would you choose to be?

11 Comments to “Quote of the Day: L.M. Montgomery”
  1. Valeria giudici on October 7, 2009 at 6:22 am

…hum… insect life does not attract me so much… but if i have to choose i think I would be a Dragonfly. I find them so bautiful and they can fly so fast…. amazing…
    .-= Valeria giudici´s last blog ..Anche il nostro cane merita un pò di "green" =-.

Reply to Valeria giudici's comment

2. Jaspenelle on October 7, 2009 at 8:50 am

I think I would be a bee as well, but a carpenter bee as I am more of a solitary creature…
    .-= Jaspenelle´s last blog ..Plumcot Butter =-.

Reply to Jaspenelle's comment

• Susy on October 7, 2009 at 11:11 am

I agree, a solitary bee would be my choice as well instead of a honeybee living in a big colony.

3. MAYBELLINE on October 7, 2009 at 10:25 am

Butterfly
    .-= MAYBELLINE´s last blog ..Fall Planting Part IV =-.

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

• Susy on October 7, 2009 at 11:11 am

OOOO, butterfly, that’s a good one!

4. Rhonda on October 7, 2009 at 11:00 am

Gee wiz, I’m just so jealous of your beautiful photos. The are so sharp and gorgeous! What kind of camera do you use?

Reply to Rhonda's comment

5. Dan on October 7, 2009 at 5:52 pm

hmm, a green grasshopper.
    .-= Dan´s last blog ..Melon Heaven on Wordless Wednesday =-.

Reply to Dan's comment

6. kim on October 7, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I’d be the queen bee! te he!

Reply to kim's comment

7. stefaneener on October 7, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Certainly not a worker bee — they do too much licking as cleaners and then too much work later on. Maybe a praying mantis — serious coolness. I don’t want to be a bug, though, I want to be a river otter : )
    .-= stefaneener´s last blog ..Melon time =-.

Reply to stefaneener's comment