Sunny Days

November 10th, 2009

We’ve been having wonderful weather recently. It all started last Friday with a nice sunny day and temps climbing into the 50’s. I was at my mom & dad’s house and my sister came over with her clan. We had a blast making homemade pizza and ice cream and we spent the afternoon playing outside.
Shadow
hannah_on_bikehannah_riding_bike
Heidi_riding_bikeHeidi_on_bike
Orin_playingorin_gassing_bike
riding_on_a_fall_day
I enjoy sunny days, particularly this time of the year. I think that kids really know how to make the most of them. I generally spend them working and finishing up garden chores, they’re happy making the most of them by playing. Mr Chiot’s and I did spend some time on Saturday morning enjoying the weather by hiking, but I spent the afternoon working outside.

What’s your favorite sunny fall day activity?

7 Comments to “Sunny Days”
  1. Helen at Toronto Gardens on November 10, 2009 at 9:27 am

I love to get my camera and go out to capture the light.
    .-= Helen at Toronto Gardens´s last blog ..Summer leftover: Asian-inspired garden =-.

Reply to Helen at Toronto Gardens's comment

• Susy on November 10, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Me too, it’s always perfect this time of year. It seems like it’s not as harsh as it is in the summer.

2. nic @ nipitinthebud on November 10, 2009 at 9:41 am

you’ve captured it there Susy – out on the bikes (well all gardening and no play makes Nic a dull girl :o). Fab photos.

Reply to nic @ nipitinthebud's comment

3. Dave on November 10, 2009 at 9:41 am

Our weekend was gorgeous too. I spent most of it outdoors and wondered where all the kids in the neighborhood were. It’s a tragedy to waste a beautiful day in the sun indoors!
    .-= Dave´s last blog ..A Rant on Content Theft =-.

Reply to Dave's comment

4. warren on November 10, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Sometimes the whole family lays on our concrete driveway, just soaking up the sun and warmth…I love doing that…
    .-= warren´s last blog ..The End of the Innocence =-.

Reply to warren's comment

• Susy on November 10, 2009 at 3:13 pm

That sounds wonderful! Sometimes when it’s too cold I sit in the sun in front of the door, the cats are usually there as well soaking it up!

5. Teresa O on November 10, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Sunday was so warm here in nw Ohio. I grabbed my camera and headed out for a day of photography, but you’re right..adult pursuits can’t compare to the sheer joy children exude when playing outdoors in the sunshine.
    .-= Teresa O´s last blog ..Flowers in November =-.

Reply to Teresa O's comment