Quote of the Day: Kahlil Gibran

June 1st, 2010

-Kahlil Gibran

I’ve been wanting to take a photo like this for a long time, featuring dirty bare summer feet. One of the things I love about the coming of warm weather is the ability to go barefoot or wear flip flops all the time. Of course this means a good foot washing every evening before bedtime, but it’s so nice after a long winter of knee-high wool socks.

Are you a barefoot person when the weather gets warm?

20 Comments to “Quote of the Day: Kahlil Gibran”
  1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: Quote of the Day: Kahlil Gibran http://goo.gl/fb/IBCy2 #aboutme #weather #barefoot […]

Reply to Tweets that mention Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. Wanda on June 1, 2010 at 5:29 am

Kahlil Gibran’s writings are something. I love that one. I go barefoot all spring, summer, fall and some of winter (inside only in winter). In summer when I have to go out, it’s sandals ‘cuz that’s as close to barefoot as I can get.
    .-= Wanda´s last blog ..BBA Challenge – Light Wheat Bread =-.

Reply to Wanda's comment

3. Renee on June 1, 2010 at 7:28 am

Yes! I almost always work in the garden barefoot :) I like the feel of the grass & dirt under my feet, and my feet are easier to clean when wet or muddy than my shoes would be!

Reply to Renee's comment

4. kristin @ going country on June 1, 2010 at 7:39 am

Sadly, no. I shouldn’t even really wear sandals, because as soon as I put them on, I end up having to run after sheep in knee-high wet grass or something. Sandals and bare legs are generally a mistake at our house.
    .-= kristin @ going country´s last blog ..A Little Pick-Me-Up =-.

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

5. Teresia on June 1, 2010 at 7:46 am

ABSOLUTELY!… there is just something about liberating your toes after a long hard winter that warms the heart. No shoes for this gal. I even work in the garden barefoot.

Reply to Teresia's comment

6. Dave on June 1, 2010 at 8:44 am

No bare feet for me! While it’s tempting there are way too many foot dangerous things around. The rogue blackberry shoots, the thistle, and the ticks!
    .-= Dave´s last blog ..Win a Compost Bin? =-.

Reply to Dave's comment

• Susy on June 1, 2010 at 8:51 am

Oh yes, ticks. I think I’ve had a few each summer since I was a kid, one of the problems of both gardening and hiking. I’ve already had a few this summer.

7. Amy on June 1, 2010 at 9:08 am

Love the quote:)……and yes……I go barefoot when it is warm….I love to do yoga in the new grass out under a shady tree in my yard…..barefoot…..it provides a connectedness…

Reply to Amy's comment

8. gregclimbs on June 1, 2010 at 10:19 am

Love the barefoot… until the end of summer and my feet fall apart.

Last summer I tried the five finger shoes and it is *almost* like being barefoot and my feet stay together much better!

:D

But I still run around barefoot sometimes ;)
    .-= gregclimbs´s last blog ..A simple solution… =-.

Reply to gregclimbs's comment

9. Lisa on June 1, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I’m a barefoot girl, for sure! Actually, this weekend I think I put shoes on once. To go for a walk with my sis in law.

my kids also love to be barefoot.
    That is such a cute photo you posted.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..This is the LIFE! =-.

Reply to Lisa's comment

10. Sandra on June 1, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Most definitely a barefoot person. What a great quote too.

Sandy
    .-= Sandra´s last blog ..Have a Happy Memorial Day and Memories =-.

Reply to Sandra's comment

11. sarah on June 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I am a flip flop/croc or barefoot girl almost all year in the yard :) Not a fan of cracked heals though or dirty dry feet so I always wash well after I’m in for the night. After washing I rub Aquaphor on my feet and about once a week I scrub my feet with olive oil and kosher salt (u can add dried herbs to this too for yum smell! ( it will smooth away feet and it’s way cheaper than a pedi) I promise you if you do the olive oil & salt once a week and lotion applications here and there – cracks and dryness will be gone!
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..The Butterfly Bush ~ Buddleia =-.

Reply to sarah's comment

12. Cathy on June 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Love to go barefoot, except we have sand burrs, and they’re…ouch!
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..What’s For Dinner? Fresh Basil Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta! =-.

Reply to Cathy's comment

13. mamaraby on June 1, 2010 at 7:31 pm

I absolutely love going barefoot…always have, actually. I find socks to be very constricting. If I could just figure out this plantar fasciitis things would be even better!
    .-= mamaraby´s last blog ..Melting…or…Who Needs Air Conditioning? =-.

Reply to mamaraby's comment

14. Kjirsti on June 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm

There is no other way!
    .-= Kjirsti´s last blog ..Growth while I was gone =-.

Reply to Kjirsti's comment

15. Morgan G on June 2, 2010 at 11:27 am

Barefeet, please. Shoes are so stifling! I drive barefoot, too. Put on my shoes in the parking lot at work in the am and take them off before I drive away in the pm.
    .-= Morgan G´s last blog ..Guest Bloggin’ at IDD: 9 Design Principles for Itty Bitty Spaces =-.

Reply to Morgan G's comment

16. Kimberly on June 5, 2010 at 2:10 am

I wear sandals all year round… I love the feel of grass and dirt on my feet. That’s actually how I can up with the name for my garden blog :)

Reply to Kimberly's comment

17. Amy on June 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Yes!! I, too, am known for my nightly feet-washing in the bathroom sink before bed, as I either go barefoot or, if working in the garden or with the cattle, barefoot-in-hot-pink-holey-Croc-knock-offs.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Meanwhile, back at the ranch… =-.

Reply to Amy's comment

18. Signs of Summer | Chiot's Run on July 1, 2010 at 4:46 am

[…] of the best signs of summer (besides bare feet) is berry stained hands. I have many fond memories of picking berries when we were at the family […]

Reply to Signs of Summer | Chiot’s Run's comment

19. Laurel on June 13, 2015 at 2:11 pm

…my fav since a little girl to run outside barefoot after a spring rain and run to the first mud puddle on our country road and let the mud squish between my toes! The thought still makes me smile :)

Reply to Laurel's comment