Taking a Break

August 2nd, 2010

It’s been a busy busy weekend here at Chiot’s Run with travel for the business, so I’m taking the day off. Dexter is always good at making sure he takes some time to rest each and every day. In the afternoons he loves sleeping by this window.

Whenever I take an afternoon reading break I love sitting in the chair right beside this window, it’s bright and perfect for reading. Hope you’re able to take some time off this week!

Do you have a favorite spot for taking a break?

9 Comments to “Taking a Break”
  1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: Taking a Break http://goo.gl/fb/o1oN6 #miscellaneus #cat #rest […]

Reply to Tweets that mention Taking a Break | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. Steve on August 2, 2010 at 7:45 am

We have a small sofa in the kitchen by the french doors, it is in a little alcove so you can sit there and not be in the way, plus see all of the kitchen and all of the garden from that spot. You can be part of the main room of the house (the large kitchen/dining area) and yet feel and hear the outside next to you. A great place to take a break.

Reply to Steve's comment

3. Sense of Home on August 2, 2010 at 8:33 am

Just had a wonderful and much needed break. We are back now, but there is so much to catch up on. Right now I am sitting with a cat on my lap that missed us very much, trying to catch up on email and blogs.

-Brenda
    Sense of Home´s last post ..Back Home

Reply to Sense of Home's comment

4. Turling on August 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

Enjoy your break. We had one last week on vacation. Now, back to work.
    Turling´s last post ..Were Back! To gophers! Sons of

Reply to Turling's comment

5. Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm on August 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I have a lovely old fashioned rocker on the front porch. It’s my favouite spot!

Dexter looks like such a sweet fellow, sleeping there. Makes me want to hold him and snuggle him and give him a hug and a squeeze. (My cats hate it when I do that! :-)
    My dog loves it.
    Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm´s last post ..Making Flower Jellies

Reply to Sheryl at Providence Acres Farm's comment

• Susy on August 2, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Dexter loves a hug and a squeeze :)

6. Susan on August 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I feel like curling up right next to Dexter – I go out under a birch tree in the nice, cool grass and look up at the cloud formations. Lovely.

Reply to Susan's comment

7. Kim on August 2, 2010 at 7:28 pm

An adirondack chair out back looking at the pond if it’s nice outside and my comfy leather club chair in the living room looking over the pasture if it’s not.
    Kim´s last post ..Teeny tiny egg

Reply to Kim's comment

8. David Bentz on August 2, 2010 at 9:35 pm

My favorite spot would have to be the front patio on the bench by all the flowering plants. It’s nice to just sit and watch the neigborhood come and go with normal active lives while I kick back and sip a cup of coffee.

Reply to David Bentz's comment