Fall is Coming

September 29th, 2010

Yesterday I came home and noticed that the leaves were collecting by the back door and it hit me that fall was here. I love fall so I’m quite excited about the changing of the leaves, raking, pumpkins, cider, camp fires, cool weather and all the other wonderful things that come along with the changing of summer to fall.

If I had to pick my favorite thing about fall, I think I’d have to pick the weather. There’s something wonderful about the crispness in the air after a long hot humid summer. It’s quite refreshing and really helps me get all my fall gardening chores finished.

Do you have fall in your climate? What’s your favorite thing about fall?

11 Comments to “Fall is Coming”
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: #Fall is Coming http://goo.gl/fb/ctTMT #seasons #weather #leaves [...]

Reply to Tweets that mention Fall is Coming | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. Kim on September 29, 2010 at 8:35 am

Fall weather is the best after a hot summer. I love pots of mums and pansies with pumpkins sitting around them on the porch.
    Kim´s last post ..Hall into the master bath

Reply to Kim's comment

3. Amy on September 29, 2010 at 9:09 am

My “favorite things” :) about fall are as follows…..cooler weather….more reading less gardening……the color change of the leaves….pumpkins…..sweaters and wool socks…..a fire in the hearth…..stews….It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown…..and the heading towards Thanksgiving…..I know you just asked for one thing……but I couldn’t get it down to just one…..Fall is my favorite season of the year….”Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ~Albert Camus

Reply to Amy's comment

• Susy on September 29, 2010 at 9:11 am

LOVE wool socks, I can hardly wait to break out my smartwool kneehighs. And I too love the Charlie Brown specials.

4. Dede on September 29, 2010 at 9:12 am

No fall here yet….I love the colors, the crisp air and the way it seems to energize you. Just so refreshing!

(((HUGS)))

Reply to Dede's comment

5. Kelly on September 29, 2010 at 9:13 am

I am definitely a person who can’t live without fall (not happily, anyways). It’s my favourite season! My favourite thing is likely the change in angle of the sun. It doesn’t beat down on you, it shines lower so the trees colours are more dramatically illuminated. There’s less of it (shorter days) so you value every moment of it more.
    Kelly´s last post ..A Calculated Risk

Reply to Kelly's comment

• Kelly on September 29, 2010 at 9:14 am

I lied – more than the sun, I love fall because I’m a knitter and it is definitely the season for knitters!
      Kelly´s last post ..A Calculated Risk

Reply to Kelly's comment

6. Mija on September 29, 2010 at 9:14 am

I love that first day in the fall when I look outside and everything seems to be so sharp and crisp – sort of like the Claritin commercial :-) The haze of summer is gone and things are bright and clear.

Reply to Mija's comment

7. Kaytee on September 29, 2010 at 10:42 am

I too love the weather (except the cold damp days). And I’m all about the fall food. But I think my favorite is the changing leaves.
    Kaytee´s last post ..Importance of a Sharp Knife

Reply to Kaytee's comment

8. afreckledlip on September 29, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Fall is my favorite season. I love absolutely everything about fall. I live in Portland so it’s the time when we begin to bundle up, start wearing sweaters again and the rain returns, which I love (until winter when it’s not stop rain for months).

Reply to afreckledlip's comment

9. Jennifer Fisk on September 29, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I love the smell of fall. I love the beauty of the trees turning. I love the harvest and putting the garden to bed until spring. I love planting garlic and flower bulbs. I love the crispness of the air and that first morning the water has a skim on it. I love the preparations for the animals to live comfortably through the winter. It is such a nice feeling to put everything away and prepare to hunker down for the weather to come. Putting in the wood is so fulfilling in anticipation of winter. I can’t think of anything negative about fall.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment