Quote of the Day: Frank Lloyd Wright

October 24th, 2010

“The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.”

Frank Lloyd Wright

Many people disregard edible things in their garden for what they believe to be more beautiful ornamental plants. I find that edible plants can be just as beautiful, not only to look at but also in the way they nourish us. This radicchio is quite lovely, definitely something that brings much beauty into the garden!

What plants do you find most beautiful?

9 Comments to “Quote of the Day: Frank Lloyd Wright”
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: #Quote of the Day: Frank Lloyd Wright http://goo.gl/fb/Bgdxi #beauty #franklloydwright #quoteoftheday [...]

Reply to Tweets that mention The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. Denise @ A Bun Can Dance on October 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

This is such a beautiful photo – gorgeous colours and light quality! thank you for sharing :-)
    I love so many plants – flowers of course, but also a row of onions, peas, cabbages, tomato plants – oh, all of them! And I love weeds too such as dandelion, cow parsley, etc.
    I must take your tip and grow more vegetables for their visual appeal!
    Denise x

Reply to Denise @ A Bun Can Dance's comment

3. MAYBELLINE on October 24, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Can’t choose just one; but isn’t broccoli fascinating?
    MAYBELLINE´s last post ..Scotch Moss

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

4. Denise @ A Bun Can Dance on October 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Thank you for your lovely comment :-) I really appreciate it.
    Denise @ A Bun Can Dance´s last post ..Building Blocks &amp A Piece of String

Reply to Denise @ A Bun Can Dance's comment

5. Ginger on October 24, 2010 at 7:18 pm

There is something about adding onions to a garden that kind of makes it look prettier!

Reply to Ginger's comment

6. Nourishing Words on October 24, 2010 at 9:12 pm

So many of the lettuces are really beautiful, especially the rosebud shaped ones. Right now, in the fall garden, I’m appreciating the curly kale and Swiss chard. Their colors and textures on a frosty morning are stunning.

Reply to Nourishing Words's comment

7. bethany on October 24, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I love my gourds. But I love all kinds of lettuces, had some gorgeous red speckled this year that made me soon. Love your photo and that quote. So glad I found this blog.
    bethany´s last post ..Orgasmic toothpaste

Reply to bethany's comment

8. Melanie (baconseed) on October 24, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Beautiful photo. It’s my first time here, and I love this blog!! I think my faves are my Red Lake Currant Bush, Yellow Pear Cherry Tomatoes, and my Nandina! Thanks for asking :)

Reply to Melanie (baconseed)'s comment

9. melissa on October 25, 2010 at 1:14 am

one of the most beautiful plants I have ever seen was a head of cabbage I bought at the market, with all of the outer leaves still attached. It was so beautiful I hated to pull it apart (until the moment I tasted it, that is).

Reply to melissa's comment