Taking a Break Today

November 18th, 2010

I’ve been so busy this week, today I’m taking a break from blogging. No need to worry though, I wouldn’t leave you without a cute picture of Dexter keeping me company while I’m working in the office.

I find myself to always be too busy this time of year, there’s so much to do in the office, we’re still filming a lot for our business, and there’s still tons of work to get done in the garden. I can’t wait for the slower pace of winter! Hopefully I’ll have time to go through my photos and write a post about visiting Eliot Coleman’s farm for you tomorrow.

Do you have a specific time of the year when you’re busier than others?

9 Comments to “Taking a Break Today”
  1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: Taking a Break Today #miscellaneous #busy #cat […]

Reply to Tweets that mention Taking a Break Today | Chiot’s Run —'s comment

2. David on November 18, 2010 at 9:19 am

Summer is always a buisier time. I too am looking forward to the slower paced winter months. I have some inside projects that will keep me busy this year.

Have a great autumn day.

Reply to David's comment

3. kristin @ going country on November 18, 2010 at 9:33 am

Canning season, which coincides with gardening season, of course. That, however, is mostly done. Thank heavens. Still garden clean-up to be done, but since I can only do that when it’s light outside, that means I now have an hour or so after Cubby goes to sleep to just SIT. And read. Luxury.

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

4. Lisa on November 18, 2010 at 10:15 am

Reminds me of my kitty. He LOVES the printer!

Good luck getting all of your work done. I really like your blog.

Reply to Lisa's comment

5. MAYBELLINE on November 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Thanksgiving at my house is known as “Labor Day”.

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

• Susy on November 18, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Too funny!

6. Jennifer Fisk on November 18, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Summer is the busiest time for me because I have a business impacted,positively, by tourism. It is also the time when the garden needs attention as does the yard. I am only one person trying to do what 2 should be doing.. I do enjoy the slower ;pace of winter.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment

7. Sarah on November 18, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Your kitty looks warm all curled up on your printer. Glad you’re taking a break – you deserve one :) Still my favorite blog ever!

Reply to Sarah's comment

8. Phil Nauta - Smiling Gardener on November 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm

My wife and I are traveling in Europe right now and about a month ago we stayed in a hostel in the south of the Turkey with the fattest cat I have ever seen. I wish I had a picture!

Your blog post also got me thinking about my family dog, who passed away last month. We’ll miss him (photo –, but we’re happy he was at our wedding this summer.

Reply to Phil Nauta – Smiling Gardener's comment