Taking a Break Today

November 18th, 2010

I’ve been so busy this week, today I’m taking a break from blogging. No need to worry though, I wouldn’t leave you without a cute picture of Dexter keeping me company while I’m working in the office.

I find myself to always be too busy this time of year, there’s so much to do in the office, we’re still filming a lot for our business, and there’s still tons of work to get done in the garden. I can’t wait for the slower pace of winter! Hopefully I’ll have time to go through my photos and write a post about visiting Eliot Coleman’s farm for you tomorrow.

Do you have a specific time of the year when you’re busier than others?

9 Comments to “Taking a Break Today”
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: Taking a Break Today http://goo.gl/fb/UDlO8 #miscellaneous #busy #cat [...]

Reply to Tweets that mention Taking a Break Today | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. David on November 18, 2010 at 9:19 am

Summer is always a buisier time. I too am looking forward to the slower paced winter months. I have some inside projects that will keep me busy this year.

Have a great autumn day.

Reply to David's comment

3. kristin @ going country on November 18, 2010 at 9:33 am

Canning season, which coincides with gardening season, of course. That, however, is mostly done. Thank heavens. Still garden clean-up to be done, but since I can only do that when it’s light outside, that means I now have an hour or so after Cubby goes to sleep to just SIT. And read. Luxury.
    kristin @ going country´s last post ..Homecoming

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

4. Lisa on November 18, 2010 at 10:15 am

Reminds me of my kitty. He LOVES the printer!

Good luck getting all of your work done. I really like your blog.

Reply to Lisa's comment

5. MAYBELLINE on November 18, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Thanksgiving at my house is known as “Labor Day”.
    MAYBELLINE´s last post ..Salad Bed

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

• Susy on November 18, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Too funny!

6. Jennifer Fisk on November 18, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Summer is the busiest time for me because I have a business impacted,positively, by tourism. It is also the time when the garden needs attention as does the yard. I am only one person trying to do what 2 should be doing.. I do enjoy the slower ;pace of winter.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment

7. Sarah on November 18, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Your kitty looks warm all curled up on your printer. Glad you’re taking a break – you deserve one :) Still my favorite blog ever!
    Sarah´s last post ..From Summer to Fall

Reply to Sarah's comment

8. Phil Nauta - Smiling Gardener on November 19, 2010 at 2:31 pm

My wife and I are traveling in Europe right now and about a month ago we stayed in a hostel in the south of the Turkey with the fattest cat I have ever seen. I wish I had a picture!

Your blog post also got me thinking about my family dog, who passed away last month. We’ll miss him (photo – http://www.smilinggardener.com/organic-pest-control/how-to-keep-dogs-out-of-flower-beds), but we’re happy he was at our wedding this summer.
    Phil Nauta – Smiling Gardener´s last post ..How To Keep Dogs Out Of Flower Beds – 4 Sustainable Methods

Reply to Phil Nauta – Smiling Gardener's comment