Quote of the Day: Dr Seuss

November 28th, 2010

“Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.”

~ Dr Seuss

I’ve been going through my photos trying to trim down the numbers and I was reliving the beauty of summer in the garden. I sure am sad to see it go along with all the color in the garden, but I certainly appreciate the beauty of winter and the rest that it brings not only to me, but to the garden as well. Here’s an ode to summer.

I think I’m going to miss the color green the most. At least I have a lot of photos to get me through.

What are you going to miss the most about summer now that winter is coming?

18 Comments to “Quote of the Day: Dr Seuss”
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by mark mile, Susy Morris. Susy Morris said: Quote of the Day: Dr Seuss http://goo.gl/fb/Q4Fx4 #weather #drseuss #winter [...]

Reply to Tweets that mention Quote of the Day: Dr Seuss | Chiot’s Run — Topsy.com's comment

2. David on November 28, 2010 at 9:43 am

I’m going to miss sitting on the front patio among the flowering plants while sipping on a cup of coffee. I’m going to miss the warm sun shining on my face in in the early morning while watching folks drive off to work. I’m going to miss the sound of laughter echoing through the trees from the neighborhood children. I’m going to miss the sound of lawn mowers and leaf blowers on the weekends as yard grooming happens. I’m going to miss the gorgous sunsets in the cool of the evening. I’m going to miss the time spent in the garden among the growing, producing plants. I’m going to miss the neighbor’s conversations over the fence while working in the backyard. The good news about all this is that I get to do it all over again next year.

Have a great late fall day.

Reply to David's comment

3. Amanda on November 28, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I going to miss the feel of the warm earth on my bare feet.

Reply to Amanda's comment

• Susy on November 28, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I’m missing bare feet as well, my feet HATE to be in shoes!

4. Michelle on November 28, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Fresh tomato salsa…hands down.

Reply to Michelle's comment

5. Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening on November 28, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Lovely photos! And an excellent quote for this time of year. What I am going to miss most is having the windows open, hanging out on the porch, and having warm feet at the end of the day. Nothing specifically related to the garden, but what seems to affect me most psychologically: being shut in.
    Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening´s last post ..New November Blooms- Garden Bloggers Bloom Day November 2010

Reply to Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening's comment

6. Grant on November 28, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Love the flowers!

Reply to Grant's comment

7. Denise on November 28, 2010 at 4:34 pm

loved loved loved your comment on my blog today. Thank you.

Seeing how it gets dark so early now – I miss evenings spent outside. Actually, I think I just miss everything outside!!
    Denise´s last post ..Finding Myself Through Food

Reply to Denise's comment

8. kristin @ going country on November 28, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Warm hands and feet. They are but fleeting at Blackrock.
    kristin @ going country´s last post ..That Aint No Cold- Son

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

9. Jennifer Fisk on November 28, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I miss walking into my garden and picking dinner. Now I have to plan a little and take something from the summer’s bounty out of the freezer.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment

10. Marvel on November 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I miss the quiet moments spent in the garden shed, sitting on old chairs, raising a glass to the garden after a good, warm day of tending it.

Reply to Marvel's comment

11. MAYBELLINE on November 29, 2010 at 12:26 am

Hmmm,,,I’m thinking! I’m thinking!
    MAYBELLINE´s last post ..Thanksgiving in the Garden

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

12. Lynn Bay on November 29, 2010 at 12:54 am

I definitely miss the warm evenings and gentle breezes, however, I know that the snow that is covering my yard will help to water the area next year. So, boo hoo to the snow and onward to spring!

Reply to Lynn Bay's comment

13. Vegetable Garden Cooke on November 29, 2010 at 3:19 am

I love the garden colors that you have going. Gorgeous.
    Vegetable Garden Cooke´s last post ..Book review and giveaway- free copy Food Rules by Michael Pollan

Reply to Vegetable Garden Cooke's comment

14. melissa on November 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm

The only thing I ever miss about our wretched summers is the sun still being up when I leave work. I would miss the fruit, too, but this year I have enough canned and in the freezer that I’m not missing out. :)
    melissa´s last post ..happy belated Thanksgiving

Reply to melissa's comment

15. Pergola Makers on November 30, 2010 at 2:50 am

I’ll miss the sun, the warm breeze and the endless decorations in our garden. Now that winter is coming, I need to stuff everything indoors and bring out some lights for pergolas outside. I better be prepared for the chilly holiday air.

And those are great shots!

Reply to Pergola Makers's comment

16. Scott Weber on November 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm

What GORGEOUS photos, I especially love the one of the fence separating the echinacea and liatris…just lovely.

Reply to Scott Weber's comment

• Susy on November 30, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Thanks, I love that one as well, it’s one of my faves.