O is for ____________

August 18th, 2011

OPTIMIST – Even though I can be a bit cynical about certain things, I’m an optimist about most other things.

ORGANIC – But not really in the traditional sense of the word. I’m kind of beyond organic because I believe organic has been watered down by corporate involvement.

OLD FASHIONED – I definitely am old fashioned in certain ways: cooking, canning, preservation, gardening, etc.

OBSERVANT – being an introvert I like to sit back and watch. As a result I’m very observant of other people and things. I’m an observant gardener, trying to take notice of the small changes that occur each year.

What words/phrases describe you that start with a O?

Who’s joining in:
Nic at Nip it in the Bud
KB from My Old New House
Chas from Heritage Acres Homestead
Erika from Our Homegrown Family
Candie from Finding My Roots
Louisa from The Really Good Life
Judy from My Freezer is Full
Xan from Not Dabbling in Normal and Mahlzeit
Amy from I Love Nubians, Make Mine Mini
Jaspanelle from Paganites
Greg from plot 52 is doing beautiful illustrations!
Lisa from Realisa Building an Authentic Life
Emily from Sincerely Emily
Joanna from Zeb Bakes
Misky from Misk Cooks
Compostwoman from The Compost Bin
Tracy from Back to Basics
Susan from Penless Writer
Whit from Knitty Whit
Lynn from Edging Toward the Good Life
Join the Alphabet in August Flickr Photo Group

(if you’re joining in on your blog let me know so I can add you to the list and please link to the daily post here at Chiot’s Run when you post and a pingback will show up in the comments here so people can head over to read your words).

10 Comments to “O is for ____________”
  1. Rhonda on August 18, 2011 at 8:46 am

Oh my goodness. That mossy rock photo is beautiful!

I really, sincerely think you should compile a book of your photos. I know I would buy it.

Reply to Rhonda's comment

2. Xan on August 18, 2011 at 9:08 am

I might do a post today, but for now, O is for Ouch (broke my toe)
    Xan´s last post ..N is for Not Enough Time

Reply to Xan's comment

• Susy on August 18, 2011 at 11:32 am

Oh NO – ouch is right. Hope it heals quickly.

3. goatpod2 on August 18, 2011 at 9:24 am

My Q is up now!

Amy
    goatpod2´s last post ..Q is for_______________

Reply to goatpod2's comment

4. Allison on August 18, 2011 at 9:48 am

Couldn’t agree more in regards to Organic!
    Allison´s last post ..Pondering Productiveness

Reply to Allison's comment

5. MAYBELLINE on August 18, 2011 at 10:31 am

Of all of you suggestions here, observant applies to me as well. I do believe it is due to being an introvert. I’m most comfortable being in the background quietly observing.
    MAYBELLINE´s last post ..Here Comes Fall!!!

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

• Susy on August 18, 2011 at 11:32 am

Very true – also the same here.

6. Cassy on August 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I love your post! I can relate to your “O’s”.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons
    Cassy´s last post ..Kat Von D and Jesse James Are Back Together! – E! Online

Reply to Cassy's comment

7. Nicole on August 19, 2011 at 12:05 am

Great ‘O’ post! Good point here: “I believe organic has been watered down by corporate involvement. ” I totally agree with you.
    Nicole´s last post ..kids bedroom furniture

Reply to Nicole's comment

8. nic@nipitinthebud on August 19, 2011 at 1:21 am

You could have been describing me today with your O’s.
    I’d add ‘Organised’ too – well you must be to manage the myriad of things you pack in to your day as well as finding time to take such gorgeous photos to tell us all about it!
    Optimist is my ‘O’ as well :o)

Reply to nic@nipitinthebud's comment