Taking a Day Off

February 4th, 2012

Things have been a bit crazy around here lately with working on the house, starting seeds, and taking 4 days this week to head up to Maine to go house shopping (we arrived home LATE last night). I was too busy to write much this week, you’ll hear all about the houses/trip next week I promise. I decided to take the day off from writing a blog post (except for this one of course). Never fear, as with all my other days off, I’ll leave you with a photo of our cats, who are experts at taking time off to rest.

This is Soafie (gray) and Samson (orange). They were rescued 8 years ago in Cincinnati and are brother and sister. My mom also has one of their brothers.

As always – thanks so much for stopping by to read & comment. Enjoy your day and hopefully you can get a bit of rest too!

13 Comments to “Taking a Day Off”
  1. daisy on February 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

How cozy those cute lil’ kitties look!

Enjoy your time off, you deserve it.
    daisy´s last post ..1-2-3 Crockpot Chicken

Reply to daisy's comment

2. Jennifer Fisk on February 4, 2012 at 9:18 am

Are they exhausted from “your” trip to Maine or are they resting up for their big move? Probably just content that your back and all is well in their world.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment

3. tj on February 4, 2012 at 9:22 am

…I was beginning to wonder if you two ever sleep! ;o)

…Enjoy your day off. As a matter of fact, I recommend you two take two days, ‘kay?

…I am doing the same as I have come down with a terrible cold. Ugh. *sniffle*

…LOVE the photo! So sweet.

…Have a wonderful weekend!

…Blessings :o)

Reply to tj's comment

• Susy on February 4, 2012 at 9:27 am

We actually do sleep, usually 8 hours a night. That’s one reason I think we can accomplish so much during our days!

4. Denimflyz on February 4, 2012 at 9:54 am

Enjoy your days off. I look so forward to what you are up to.
    Go find a good book/gardening book, tea? and sit back and take a clue from the adorable kitties.
    I am in a middle of a blizzard, so its tea, and house work today.
    Enjoy!
    Denimflyz´s last post ..Too much of a good thing or Be careful what you wish for

Reply to Denimflyz's comment

5. KimH on February 4, 2012 at 10:32 am

Awww.. your kitty-babes are so sweet.. Wish I had some.. but Im allergic to the sweet things.. I make do with a shop kitty who I see a few times a year.

Have a great weekend!

6. Daedre Craig on February 4, 2012 at 11:15 am

Best wishes for the house hunt. I love looking at houses!
    Daedre Craig´s last post ..2012 Seed Purchases (Part 2): Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

Reply to Daedre Craig's comment

7. Jenn on February 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Can’t wait to hear more about your possible move here to my home state!

Reply to Jenn's comment

8. judym on February 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Cats – ya gotta love ’em! Mine, this time of year, loves to climb up my frame and curl around my neck. Oh so comfy!! Between her and our dog, Daisy on my feet, I don’t need afghans! Have a relaxing time off!

Reply to judym's comment

9. Nebraska Dave on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 am

Susy, everyone needs a rest once in a while. Since the weather outside was frightful, today was my day of resting. Well, except for shoveling the seven inches of snow that fell. That didn’t take very long and I did it all with a snow shovel. Even though I have a snow blower, I still like the feel of a shovel in my hands. Don’t get me wrong. I do like a machine with a powerful engine vibrating through the handles as it chugs along throwing snow but today, it just felt like a day that I need to expend some energy. My driveway isn’t that big or long. The whole thing was finished in about 1/2 an hour. It was like being inside of a Courier and Ives winter landscape picture. It was a great experience.

Have a great day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

10. Michelle on February 5, 2012 at 12:24 am

Wow, Maine! Ever since I started reading Chiot’s run I felt like you’d love Maine. For some reason, I’m happy you’re looking there (though I’m not from there, Maine is special to me). I’m sure everything will work out in the right way for you – but best of luck with the house hunt. Your cats are awesome! The grey one reminds me of mine :)

Reply to Michelle's comment

11. Maybelline on February 5, 2012 at 3:17 am

Maine?! I can’t wait to learn more.
    Maybelline´s last post ..This is February?!

Reply to Maybelline's comment

12. Jessica on February 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I love this photo. I keep coming back and looking at it. My cats just don’t cuddle like this. The cats we had when I was a kid would do this, but my girls aren’t that close.

Reply to Jessica's comment