Visiting Bloedel Reserve

February 27th, 2012

I’ve been going through all my photos from last year, deleting the bad ones, duplicates and paring down what I have. While doing this I noticed that there are so many things I photographed and wanted to share but just haven’t gotten around to doing so. This week will be catch up, featuring lots of slideshows of wonderful things I promised to share but time got away from me.

While we were in Seattle on our Tiny Trailer Travels last August we were able to visit Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island. I’d seen photos on Flikr long before and had added it to my list of places to visit. I’m always grateful that places like this are preserved. Bloedel Reserve is especially lovely because of the collection of hydrangeas found there (and you know how much I love hydrangeas). Here’s a slide show of the flowers I spotted along the way. To view in full screen click on the icon in the top left hand corner, click the same icon to exit full screen mode.

No flash player!

It looks like you don't have flash player installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.

The Pacific Northwest has such an interesting climate. It’s perfect for gardens, they’re almost tropical even though it’s so far North.

Have you ever visited the Pacific Northwest?

7 Comments to “Visiting Bloedel Reserve”
  1. Sofie Dittmann on February 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

I hear ya w/ going through photographs – I have numerous TERABYTES filled and there’s no end in sight as I keep taking tons more every week… I’ll just keep chipping away a little each time and leave everything else to my kids when I die. LOL

You know the terrible thing is that first I saw the wonderful snapshots of that place you took, yearning to go back to the West Coast, then my next thought was “hey, “Bloedel” means “dummy” in German!” :)
    Sofie Dittmann´s last post ..OSCAR WEEK – “Calendar Girls” & English (Pub) Grub Finger Food

Reply to Sofie Dittmann's comment

2. KimH on February 27, 2012 at 9:19 am

LOL Sophie..

I have the same photo issue. ;) Loads & loads of them. Not sure I’ll ever get the herd thinned out at this point.. Of course, I havent tried either. ;)

Beautiful photos as always and what a gorgeous place. Looks like a lovely place to visit..

• KimH on February 27, 2012 at 9:20 am

And no, I’ve never visited the PNW, but I’ve always dreamed of living there.. and going to Berkley Davis in my younger days.. ;)

• Susy on February 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm

It is hard to go through them once the events are long gone. I’ve been trying really hard to cull the numbers when I download them, so far so good. I back mine up to an offsite source just in case something ever happens.

3. Sincerely, Emily on February 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm

What a beautiful slide show! Thanks for the mini-tour. I have been up to Seattle and Vancouver and have great memories of the Capilano Suspension bridge in Vancouver. Bainbridge Island is on my list of places to visit one day. Ahhh that is along list.
    Sincerely, Emily´s last post ..Handmade Pay it Forward Challenge – 2012

Reply to Sincerely, Emily's comment

4. judym on February 27, 2012 at 1:11 pm

e went to the Pacific Northwest in ’99. It’s my favorite area to go. Told hubby that if we have to move that’s where I want to go. It has everything close by. Go west – the ocean. go east – mountains then meadow lands. The rain forest area in the mountains are gorgeous – ferns taller than me ( not a strecth there!) moss covered gaint Douglas firs. Fairy land like camp grounds and hiking trails. Wonderful!

Reply to judym's comment

5. Renee on February 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to Washington State. I have lived near Seattle for almost my entire life (with exception of one year in Northern California). I love it here. It can be grey and rain a lot, but the sunny days make up for it. I wish we could garden year-round, but at least we have the evergreen beauty of the land all year long.

You captured the beauty of the Pacific Northwest in your photos.

I’m behind (about 2 years) on uploading my photos and blogging. :) I think I’ll just start again from this day forward.
    Renee´s last post ..That time of year again…

Reply to Renee's comment