Hitting the Road

September 19th, 2012

This morning we were up early and ready to hit the road. Mr Chiots is driving the big moving truck towing the MINI behind. I’m following in our other car with all four cats and Heather, one of our neighbors.

No doubt it’s going to be a LONG day, but we have walkie talkies so we can chat and audio books to listen to. On the recommenation of a friend, Bossypants on the iPod as is Travels with Charley in Search of America (my favorite all time listening material for traveling).

If you’d like to keep up with our trip and the adventures that follow in upcoming days, I’ll be posting to the Chiot’s Run facebook page when I can throughout the day!

Do you like road trips?

17 Comments to “Hitting the Road”
  1. Colleen on September 19, 2012 at 6:17 am

So exciting! Have a safe trip!

Reply to Colleen's comment

2. jennifer fisk on September 19, 2012 at 6:33 am

Have a safe trip. See you at the CGCF on Friday.

Reply to jennifer fisk's comment

3. daisy on September 19, 2012 at 6:45 am

Safe travels…
    We love road trips!!!
    daisy´s last post ..Wordless Wednesday

Reply to daisy's comment

4. Lisa on September 19, 2012 at 7:16 am

Safe Trip. The weather here in Maine is currently a cloudy over cast morning but will be clearing. :)

Reply to Lisa's comment

5. liz on September 19, 2012 at 9:09 am

Drive safe and enjoy this new adventure!
    liz´s last post ..We’ve been busy

Reply to liz's comment

6. Annie on September 19, 2012 at 9:30 am

I love road trips but not necessarily moving trips! lol! Happy trails and I hope everything goes well for ya’ll.
    Annie´s last post ..Something’s Cooking In The Kitchen

Reply to Annie's comment

7. Missy on September 19, 2012 at 9:40 am

Safe travels and here’s hoping the calming cat treats are extremely effective. =)

Reply to Missy's comment

8. Turling on September 19, 2012 at 9:45 am

I like being places. I hate getting there.
    Turling´s last post ..Always Know Your In Hole from your Out Hole

Reply to Turling's comment

9. Nancy K on September 19, 2012 at 10:24 am

I love new beginnings, even if the goodbyes are sometimes difficult. An adventure! Who wouldn’t enjoy an adventure! Best wishes for a fun adventure and a wonderful transition to your new home.

Reply to Nancy K's comment

10. Mary S. on September 19, 2012 at 10:34 am

Have a great trip! What a big adventure for you all.
    Mary S.´s last post ..Five Years of Blogging

Reply to Mary S.'s comment

11. Sarah R on September 19, 2012 at 10:55 am

Have a good, safe trip! Best of luck on your journey! (I thought Bossypants was highly entertaining, by the way–enjoy!)
    Sarah R´s last post ..Highs and lows (and tomatoes)

Reply to Sarah R's comment

12. Maybelline on September 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

Road trips are great. Bossy Pants is a hoot. Good luck.
    Maybelline´s last post ..Stems & Buds

Reply to Maybelline's comment

13. Lee on September 19, 2012 at 11:55 am

Have a safe trip Susy.

Reply to Lee's comment

14. Liz J on September 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Oh Susy ~ I do hope you find Dexter soon. He “may” be in the back of the truck your husband is driving. I just hope he shows up so he can head to Maine with his “family”. I’m not part of FB anymore so couldn’t comment there on this. Hope it all works out okay and BEST OF LUCK!

Reply to Liz J's comment

15. susan ingle on September 19, 2012 at 6:01 pm

love road trips….thank goodness for books on disc for those long stretches where there’s not much to see. When I lived in Mexico I drove from Nayarit up to N. California and back at least once a year; and have done coast to coast a couple of times. I recently moved from California to N. Carolina and will make trips to visit family in the Cinci area from time to time. Good books on disc and good music is a must. I wish I had a little teardrop trailer like yours!

Reply to susan ingle's comment

16. KimH on September 19, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Godspeed & safe travels!! Hope you all have a wonderful journey!

I love road trips. M’honey, not so much. So I go without him on occasion.. :D

17. tj on September 20, 2012 at 1:24 am

…Just hopping over from FB and saw that Dexter is missing, just wanted to send good thoughts to you in hopes that he turns up soon. Maybe he’s sensing all the changes and just had to go off and ‘regroup’ or something.

…Keeping you & your family in my thoughts and prayers Susy for a safe trip!

…Blessings :o)