In this week’s show we discuss hunting and the reasons, skills, and equipment needed to do so effectively and ethically.
According to NRA’s Hunter Code of Ethics
- I will consider myself an invited guest of the landowner, seeking his permission, and so conducting myself that I may be welcome in the future.
- I will obey the rules of safe gun handling and will courteously but firmly insist that others who hunt with me do the same.
- I will obey all game laws and regulations, and will insist that my companions do likewise.
- I will do my best to acquire those marksmanship and hunting skills, which insure clean, sportsmanlike kills.
- I will support conservation efforts, which can assure good hunting for the future generations of Americans.
- I will pass along to younger hunters the attitudes and skills essential to a true outdoor sportsman.
- Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry
- Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937
- Appleseed Project – Learn Rifleman Skills and History