Sweet Rest

December 5th, 2012

Our lives are balanced by our experiences. So often though, we want the good ones and not the bad ones. The problem is, without the bad, we wouldn’t know what was truly good. After a while, you learn to welcome the bad and the difficult experiences because you know it makes the good times sweeter.

Work and rest are the same. If we didn’t work hard, our rest wouldn’t be as sweet. Luckily, Mr Chiots and I both love hard work. Yesterday we worked well into the night unloading the truck. We have a few more big items to unload today, like my stove. Rest will not come today, or even tomorrow. However, by this weekend, we should be enjoying much needed sweet rest!

What’s your favorite hard job around the garden?

7 Comments to “Sweet Rest”
  1. kristin @ going country on December 5, 2012 at 6:20 am

Is that your barn in that photo? JEALOUS.

Favorite hard job . . . hilling potatoes. Totally sucks to do, but I love how neat and weed-free the area looks when I’m done.
    kristin @ going country´s last post ..Family-Style Home Improvement

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

• Susy on December 5, 2012 at 8:59 am

Yep that’s our barn garage. Once I get all the junk organized I’ll be featuring it on the tour.

2. daisy on December 5, 2012 at 7:33 am

You are so right about balance. It’s the spaces in the walls that make a house work, the doors and the windows. We need both work and rest for our lives to work.
    I enjoy any kind of hard work in the garden. In the house? Not so much.
    ;0)
    daisy´s last post ..Wordless Wednesday

Reply to daisy's comment

3. KimH on December 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I think my favorite hard job is getting the garden ready for planting. I like to plant in raised beds but its a lot of hard back breaking work. The bulging disks arent happy with doing that so this year I didnt. Maybe next..

I used to think that I needed 7 hours of sleep a day and in the last 15 or so I often got by on 5.. but I’ve recently learned that 9 hours is really more what I need.. I wake up refreshed & feel like a human being. Hope you’re getting enough sleep!

4. Jaye on December 5, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Preparing the garden for planting definitely. But it’s a funny thing about hard work on something you enjoy…it doesn’t seem so hard (until climbing out of bed the next AM :)!

Reply to Jaye's comment

5. Marcia on December 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I guess what I find the hardest is harvesting the potatoes. Well, the Blue Russian potatoes since they are the exact color of dirt and really spread out at different depths. But then I get the best baking potatoes ever and it`s all good.

Reply to Marcia's comment

6. Dee/reddirtramblings on December 5, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Probably, putting shredded leaves on the garden beds. I know how much good it does, and it makes me so happy. Oh, and planting bulbs. I know they’re worth the time and investment. Thanks for asking.~~Dee

Reply to Dee/reddirtramblings's comment