The End

January 30th, 2013

Last Thursday we officially no longer owned a house in Ohio. After much hassle and paperwork for their VA loan, the new owners signed papers on Wednesday and they were filed on Thursday. It all became real when the money showed up in our bank account that afternoon.
247 e mohawk 1
247 e mohawk 3
247 e mohawk 4
247 e mohawk 5
With this, our lives at 247 E Mohawk Drive are in the past, 100% over, the end. It’s a bit sad, but also very exciting. We certainly loved our little house and miss it a little. That being said, we’re settling in quite nicely in Maine and starting to put down roots here.
247 e mohawk 2
247 e mohawk 7
247 e mohawk 6
It feels really good to officially close this chapter of our lives and to finally be able to start focusing on the new chapters ahead. With this final piece of the puzzle in place we have much less on our minds. We’ve cancelled insurance, utilities, and it’s nice to know we now only have bills for one residence.

Breathe a deep sigh of relief with Mr Chiots and I…..

11 Comments to “The End”
  1. Marina C on January 30, 2013 at 5:35 am

Congratulations!
    And thank you for that last round of lovely photos of that garden.
    Seeing those plump peonies ready to pop open brought a smile to my face!
    Working with seeds and plans is very nice this time of year, but nothing matches the joys of the garden in May or June for me.
    Tulips and peonies, yum!

Reply to Marina C's comment

2. Norma on January 30, 2013 at 5:58 am

Good for you! It’s nice when things are finalized.
    A home is where the heart is, a house is just a building!
    You’ve taken your home with you!

Wishing you every happiness in your new abode.

Reply to Norma's comment

3. Susan Tilney on January 30, 2013 at 7:40 am

Congratulations!

Reply to Susan Tilney's comment

4. Mich on January 30, 2013 at 8:52 am

Yay :) I’m just putting a property on the market here, keeping my fingers crossed for a good price & a quick sale. Paying bills for 2 properties is not fun.

Reply to Mich's comment

5. Natalie on January 30, 2013 at 9:32 am

What a relief! I also have a property I’m trying to sell. I’m so happy for you!
    Natalie´s last post ..Monsanto, again

Reply to Natalie's comment

6. Bettina on January 30, 2013 at 11:18 am

Congratulations on closing the sale and best wishes for a wonderful life in Maine!

Reply to Bettina's comment

7. KimH on January 30, 2013 at 11:58 am

Congratulations.. Been there.. It took almost a year for me to get out from under my hone in Texas when I moved to Ohio almost 15 years ago. Im so happy for you all.. Enjoy!

8. DebbieB on January 30, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Ahhhhhhh! :) I loved the popping of the champagne cork on the podcast. Congratulations, and welcome home!
    DebbieB´s last post ..Rainbow Black Towels in Progress

Reply to DebbieB's comment

9. amy on January 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Bravo…..and hip hip hooray!! :) As they say, “been there, done that, got the t-shirt.” It is a lovely feeling and one I know you two are enjoying to the fullest.

Reply to amy's comment

10. daisy on January 31, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh…onto the next dream…
    daisy´s last post ..Thrifty Thursday-Toot Your Own Horn!

Reply to daisy's comment

11. Bren (@BG_garden) on March 25, 2013 at 1:46 am

Sorry to see you leave Ohio .. but happy your home sold during this time of year. I can’t wait to follow your adventures in gardening at your new home and state!

Reply to Bren (@BG_garden)'s comment