On Tuesday, Mr Chiots and I headed to the Belfast Free Library to listen to Lauren and Bill Errickson’s seminar, The Permaculture Process: Creating an Edible Landscape. Not only did we attend to listen and learn, we actually recorded their talk for Cultivate Simple, our podcast about all things gardening and simple living.
Topics of discussion:
- setting goals for your property
- promote healthy ecology, wildlife, and pollinators
- minimize landscape inputs
- generate income
- evaluating and assessing your existing landscape
- how permaculture principles can be used to expand existing landscape assets while reducing “trouble” spots
Lauren and Bill Errickson own and operate Singing Nettle Farm and Conscious Elements Permaculture in Brooks. They both hold M.S. degrees in Natural Resources from the University of New Hampshire and Advanced Permaculture Design Certificates from Humustacia Gardens. For further information, visit their website: www.singingnettlefarm.com
If you’re interested in permaculture and how to incorporate it’s methods in your home garden this is the talk for you. Tune in the Cultivate Simple this coming Monday to hear what Bill & Lauren have to say.
Do you ever attend local workshops & seminars about gardening?Filed under Miscellaneous | Comments (13)