Cultivate Simple 44: Stew 4.0

September 9th, 2013

So, on this weeks episode we get caught up on what has been happening Around the Run and we have a good time doing it.

Corningware is a great option if you want to have a plastic free kitchen, they come in handy for all sorts of things.

Bright red hot dogs – YIKES. Read this article about them on Serious Eats.
painting the wood burner
Fireplace paint from made from linseed oil and graphite.

9 Comments to “Cultivate Simple 44: Stew 4.0”
  1. Jennifer Fisk on September 9, 2013 at 7:35 am

There are two things my son living in AZ wants me to ship to him. They are Whoopie Pies and red hot dogs. Yup, a Maine boy through and through.

Reply to Jennifer Fisk's comment

• Mr. Chiots on September 9, 2013 at 10:16 am

Throw in a can of Moxie to wash it all down.

Reply to Mr. Chiots's comment

• Jennifer Fisk on September 9, 2013 at 8:14 pm

good thought

to Jennifer Fisk's comment

2. DebbieB on September 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm

SO… ;-)

Silly iTunes wouldn’t deliver the podcast until noon-ish – I listened via the website this morning. I’m a big fan of Stew episodes. Good luck with Tara – I hope she’s a great addition to the holding and works hard at her new job. Dragonflies are our friends here in the Deep and Swampy South – I grew up calling them “mosquito hawks” and watching them swoop around eating my enemies (I’m allergic to mosquitoes).
    DebbieB´s last post ..Tour de Fleece 2013

Reply to DebbieB's comment

• Susy on September 9, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Mosquito hawks – such a great name, I think I’ll start using it!

3. Marby on September 9, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Laughing while listening to your podcast. The ‘so…’ issue and the toilet/potty saga. Hilarious, thanks for starting my morning with a laugh!

Reply to Marby's comment

4. angie h on September 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Lerch’s are the ONLY donuts I like (other than the ones my mom use to make frying biscuit dough)-yum! Looking forward to hearing all about Tara and her adventures at Chiot’s Run.

Brian mentioned hiding your book to help you quit reading it-my Brian does this often because if I get really immersed in a book, I can’t put it down and ignore everything I *should* be doing until I finish it, lol.

Loved the singing today, it cracked me up!!

Reply to angie h's comment

5. Sam on September 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Oh, boy, what a fun episode! I’m just now got around to finishing it, but I enjoyed every minute and found myself laughing so hard at times that I could’ve used one of your portable potties, too! ;-) Can’t wait to hear more about Tara…

Reply to Sam's comment