Gotta Love It

October 2nd, 2013

I love finding out about blog readers that have businesses.  A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from Emily who wanted to send me a fermenting crock as her value for value for enjoying this blog.  I have always thought about purchasing a crock, I just haven’t taken the plunge yet.  I can’t wait to fill this beauty with cabbage from my garden.
Stone Creek Crock 1
Emily and her husband import these and sell them on their website Stone Creek Trading. When she first contacted me I went straight to her website and was so impressed with what they sell, beautiful crocks, stoneware, wooden cooking utensils and other great items. These are just the kinds of things I love to buy for myself and for gifts!
stone creek trading company
Emily also offered a coupon code for other Chiot’s Run readers. Use the coupon code: CHIOTSRUN to get 10% off of your purchase. If you’ve been wanting to add a few heirloom items to your kitchen, now’s the time.
Stone Creek Crock 2
Being a small business owner I try to support other small businesses as much as I can. I also love to support people who are part of the Chiot’s Run Community!  I’ll definitely be keeping Emily’s store in mind for future gifts.

Do you own a small business or do you have any great small businesses you love to do business from that you want to share?

6 Comments to “Gotta Love It”
  1. kristin @ going country on October 2, 2013 at 8:06 am

The Aurora Shoe Co. Owned by my friend’s brother, employs local people, makes extraordinarily high-quality shoes to order with all U.S.A.-made materials. Check out their site: http://www.aurorashoeco.com/
    kristin @ going country´s last post ..What Makes Me Laugh

Reply to kristin @ going country's comment

• Susy on October 2, 2013 at 11:28 am

Nice, I’ll certainly go check them out.

2. Deb on October 2, 2013 at 9:05 am

I would love one of those crocks but they are so very expensive so haven’t been able. Seems like they would be great for fermnented foods. You’re fortunate she sent you the crock. it’ll be fun seeing how it works for you. maybe some day I can get one.

Reply to Deb's comment

3. DebbieB on October 2, 2013 at 11:09 am

I do own a small business – DebbieBHandspun on Etsy. I weave home textiles like dishtowels and napkins and table runners, and wearable accessories like scarves and shawls. I also spin yarn for knitters, crocheters, and weavers. I’d be happy to offer Chiot’s Run readers a 10% discount with the code CHIOTSRUN entered at checkout.
    DebbieB´s last post ..Ocean Towels

Reply to DebbieB's comment

4. KimH on October 3, 2013 at 8:59 am

Those crocks are gorgeous.. Great store! Thanks for sharing it with us all!
    KimH´s last post ..CSA Week 17

5. Robin on October 3, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Beautiful! I’ll be watching the website for a small crock I can keep my sour dough in.
    Robin´s last post ..Taking the Dock Out