Hello Fall

October 3rd, 2013

Up until this week, it hasn’t really felt like fall.  It’s warm this week, but the leaves are changing and the temperature drops sharply when night falls.  The leaves are changing and some are even brown and falling to the earth already.  Add to that the pumpkins that dot the roadside stands and it’s really feeling like fall.
Pumpkins 1
Pumpkins 2
There are no pumpkins gracing my front stoop yet, perhaps I should buy a few. I really enjoy seeing them everywhere this time of year!

What’s your favorite fall decoration?

7 Comments to “Hello Fall”
  1. Adelina Anderson on October 3, 2013 at 6:28 am

Love pumpkins, but my new favorite is the ever growing leaf pile. Apparently our chipmunks love it too and spend hours jumping in and popping out with their cheeks stuffed with leaves for their nests.
    Adelina Anderson´s last post ..All Around Green by GlassbyAdelina

Reply to Adelina Anderson's comment

2. Tiffany on October 3, 2013 at 7:50 am

I love pumpkins. I bought a few this weekend to decorate my front porch and my mums are starting to bloom. Soon my large sweet gum trees will turn a stunning yellow before winter sets in.
    Tiffany´s last post ..An Update

Reply to Tiffany's comment

3. Nebraska Dave on October 3, 2013 at 7:54 am

Susy, my favorite fall decoration would have to be the pumpkins as well. There’s nothing that says fall like a display of pumpkins with a few dried corn stalks. Fall does indeed have a morning feel here in Nebraska too. Soon the sound of leaves crunching under foot walking across the yard will be heard throughout the neighborhood. Nature really decorates itself with the golden leaves that eventually fall from the gorgeous trees.

Have a great fall decorating day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

4. Joan on October 3, 2013 at 8:46 am

I’m not much of a decorator – putting out a few pumpkins is about the extent of it for me. I love to see winterberries decorating peoples houses though – such a lovely cheery red!

(If you haven’t discovered winterberries yet, they are the clusters of red berries growing on shrubs usually in wet places. They grow all here in mid-coast Maine).

Reply to Joan's comment

5. Twitter Bird on October 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Hello,
    I hope all is well with all the Animals! How are the dogs?

Reply to Twitter Bird's comment

6. Marcia on October 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I’m going to keep some dried up corn stalks to decorate around the yard for Halloween this year.

Reply to Marcia's comment

7. bonnie k. on October 5, 2013 at 12:16 am

I have a mum and usually pansies.
    I like seeing pumpkins & gourds, mums, pansies, and corn shocks. I also love the colors of cultivated landscape plants as well as the changing colors of the natural trees. The seed heads of grasses in field and landscape are pretty as well.
    The yellow flowers that bloom in the ditches (bidens aristosa) are a favorite of mine in early fall.
    Fall is a gorgeous time of year.

Reply to bonnie k.'s comment

Comments RSS