On this weeks episode we celebrate one year of podcasting by talking about building community.
Retail Me Not – great place to find coupons for things, particularly large companies.
My favorite accounting software is AccountEdge (formerly Mind Your Own Business). I’ve been using it for years for our personal and business needs.
Jeannette asked about which loaf pans I used, you can guess that they’re cast iron. They’re made by Lodge so they’re made in the USA. I love them for yeast or quick breads. I even bake chocolate cakes in them.
Lodge Cast Iron Loaf Pan
- Get involved
- Support a farmers market
- Get to know your neighbors, organize things like community events, neighborhood yard sales, etc
- Whenever you see a garage/yard sale stop and talk to your neighbors
- Get outside, sometimes all it takes is getting outside for people to see you and get to know, walk around your neighborhood
- Attend community events, volunteer to help is possible
- Develop patterns. Always patronize the same post office, businesses, etc. Take a few extra minutes to get to know those people at those locations, use your local library
- If you like sports attend local sporting events
- Read a lot and educate yourself on a variety of different topics so you have conversation starters and fodder for when you meet people
- Volunteer locally if you can
- Find a local church if you’re religious, if you’re involved in the local church try to encourage them to have events that benefit the local community
- Join local clubs, visit your local library
- Start clubs or events if there aren’t any, book club, coffee klatch, etc.