Cultivate Simple 63: Stew 6.0

January 27th, 2014

This week it’s a Stew episode so you never know what you will find. First we discuss Home Improvement and share some tips that we have learned (most the hard way). Then we discuss our process for making big decisions in our life. We have a doozy of a decision coming up so we have been going through this process all week.

Home Improvement
- Having the right tool
- Prep is key
- Don’t rush
- Sweat the small stuff

Big Decisions
- Discuss
- Anticipate
- Calculate
- Decide
- Don’t look back

Brian’s Geeky Corner

Check out If This Than That. Organize all your online activity and make various services work together.

Books of the Week

Play
6 Comments to “Cultivate Simple 63: Stew 6.0”
  1. Ben & Rita on January 27, 2014 at 11:46 am

Wow! You guys sound like home improvement pros! I agree that you ‘should sweat the small stuff’.

Reply to Ben & Rita's comment

2. Misti on January 27, 2014 at 2:50 pm

The people who painted our house before didn’t believe in tape or taking fixtures off the wall before painting. Horrid.
    Misti´s last post ..Eagles & Snakes

Reply to Misti's comment

3. whit on January 27, 2014 at 3:20 pm

You guys are killing me. This is the first podcast that I feel is an exactly repeat of my Sunday here on the opposite coast from you.

Our house was staged really, ever so cleverly. Now all the failed dry wall tape, leaky pipes in the roof, shoddy prepped painted surfaces are driving me batty after living here for 2 years. The work we did to ready our other house for market had us worn too (after a year of working on it), but now that orange faux painted wall, made to mimic terracotta, in our entry has given me the stink eye one too many times. We chose buckets and buckets of Ben Moore’s Milkyway, and now I am wondering if it would be a good trim color as well.

Point of this comment was not to commiserate, but to let you know…I hope next week’s podcast is about something I can listen to while committing a blessful act of escaping reality. Having you guys distract me with your weekly firesides is truly the only way I can sanely exist in a house with orange, beige, and yellow walls, white trim, and bluish purple cabinets. :)

Reply to whit's comment

4. Wendy on January 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Enjoyed hearing the home improvement tips–definitely worth taking the extra time to do it right the first time. Good luck making your big decision!
    Wendy´s last post ..mucking about

Reply to Wendy's comment

5. Colleen on February 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Catching up on missed podcasts….thanks for sharing all you tips and thoughts on home improvement projects. Painting the interior of our home is on our to do list. I will keep in mind your “must do” points.

Also….will be waiting to hear what your big and exciting news is all about!

Reply to Colleen's comment

6. Steve on February 18, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I’ve been lucky with painters who did it the right way. That painter was me :)

Reply to Steve's comment