Cultivate Simple 64: We’re Having A Party

February 3rd, 2014

An honest and unrehearsed discussion about trying to live a more simple life. This is episode and today we are talking parties!

holiday cookie party

Books of the Week

What theme have you used for a party

Play
6 Comments to “Cultivate Simple 64: We’re Having A Party”
  1. Nebraska Dave on February 3, 2014 at 9:16 am

Susy, I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but my copy of “The Art of French Intensive Gardening” arrived a couple days ago. I’ve had my nose buried in the book. The pictures are beautiful.

Catch up with you on the podcast later. Have a great party day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

2. Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary on February 3, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I know I’ve said it before, but I love your podcasts. I listen to them while I’m in the kitchen, at work, when I’m lounging on the couch with my headphones on. The story that Brian told about the horse reminds me of a show I love….The Incredible Doctor Pol on the Nat Geo channel. He’s a country vet and he treats lots of large animals. I just love that show. I’ll have to try and pick up that book. Sounds like something I’d love to read.

Reply to Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary's comment

3. Marina on February 3, 2014 at 6:33 pm

We are having a ‘dinner from a movie’ party this Sunday.

12 of us are sharing the recreation of the dinner from the movie ‘Babette’s Feast’, highly recommended.

We are doing the roasted quails in puff pastry shells with morelles mushrooms and Baba au Rhum for dessert and there will be also oysters and blinis with caviar, a fish soup,endive salad and cheeses and fruit… We just could not do the turtle soup!

We plan on doing “Chocolat” (Judi Dench’s last supper), ‘Like Water for Chocolate, in which cooking is a metaphor for love, and work on an ongoing list, once a year sound good!

I hope you take lots of photos, it will be fun!

Reply to Marina's comment

• Susy on February 3, 2014 at 8:33 pm

That sounds like fun – great themes!

4. Wendy on February 4, 2014 at 12:29 am

Fun show! Both the Thomas Jefferson party and the Olympic party sound great!

In the early days of Survivor, the teaching staff from the school I taught at had season finale parties; one teacher and his wife were extremely creative and came up with challenges based on the ones throughout the season for us “contestants” to compete in during the commercial breaks–the ultimate winner received some sort of prize based on the location, etc. of that season’s show. It was a blast!
    Wendy´s last post ..yarn along ~ january 28

Reply to Wendy's comment

5. PennyAshevilleNC on February 4, 2014 at 9:24 am

I had errands to run and was able to listen to the whole podcast in 1 day! The party themes are unique– I am dying to borrow one or 2 asap. I like the Jefferson idea and see you offering it in a summer/fall bounty time.

I got stuck on “All Creatures Great and Small” and the sequel…I know I will enjoy “While You’re Here…”

Thanks again for all of the great ideas and reading materials!

Reply to PennyAshevilleNC's comment