Homegrown

February 4th, 2014

On Saturday I was making venison stew.  As I pulled potatoes out of the bag from the root cellar I found this:
heart shaped potato
This isn’t the first time I have harvested a heart shaped vegetable from my garden. Many years ago I got a heart shaped tomato as well.
heart_shaped_tomato
I love all the different colors, shapes and sizes of homegrown vegetables.

Have you ever harvested vegetables that were funny shapes?

8 Comments to “Homegrown”
  1. bangchik and kakdah on February 4, 2014 at 7:19 am

We had similar heart shape with chilli…….. and we dont the “heart” to consume that beautiful chilli. So plants do talk I guess, about being kind, and about love.
    bangchik and kakdah´s last post ..Pokok ajaib

Reply to bangchik and kakdah's comment

2. Nebraska Dave on February 4, 2014 at 8:57 am

Susy, I can’t say that I’ve ever harvested a heart shaped vegetable. I’ve found some pretty odd shaped veggies over the years. It has to have been all the love you’ve put into your garden and that’s just the garden’s way of saying it loves you too. :-)

Have a great (heart) day in the garden. Or at least thinking about the garden.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

3. mist on February 4, 2014 at 10:14 am

There *are* those interesting carrots that sometimes come out of the ground ;)
    mist´s last post ..I Wrote A Book!

Reply to mist's comment

4. Ilene on February 4, 2014 at 10:39 am

Awwwwwwww……..
    Ilene´s last post ..Cleaning Out The Pantry And Other Topics

Reply to Ilene's comment

5. Melanie in Ca on February 4, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I think Brian sneaks in there and gives them hints…

Reply to Melanie in Ca's comment

6. Marcia on February 4, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I’ve harvested some funny shaped potatoes last year. One ressembled a certain unmentionable part of a woman’s anatomy..hum..

Reply to Marcia's comment

7. Amy S on February 4, 2014 at 9:33 pm

funny you ask. When I harvested my fall crop of summer squash I had several that were just like those items that hang off the back of truck hitches….hint…male genitalia lol.

Reply to Amy S's comment

8. Chris on February 4, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Too cute! :)
    Chris´s last post ..Friends with chaos

Reply to Chris's comment