Friday Favorite: The Winter Olympics

February 7th, 2014

Mr Chiots and I are big fans of the Winter Olympics, so much so that we get cable TV just for the month they are on.  This year was no different.  We’re even having an opening ceremonies party this evening, complete with foods from around the world.
Olympic party 1
Olympic party 2
I made this great flag bunting for our living room, it’s a free download from Mr Printables.  Colored lights added to the ambiance as did paper chains and other fun things.
Olympic party 3
Olympic party 4
I made a few different kinds of soup and naan for the main meal, everyone else is bringing appetizers and beverages.  We also have opening ceremonies bingo to add to the fun.  Mr Chiots is pretty excited about curling and I can’t wait for the biathlon.

What’s your favorite winter sport?

10 Comments to “Friday Favorite: The Winter Olympics”
  1. Lemongrass on February 7, 2014 at 5:12 am

ice skating is my favorite winter sport. enjoy the fun.

Reply to Lemongrass's comment

2. daisy on February 7, 2014 at 6:33 am

The luge and curling are favorites here. Love the banner!
    daisy´s last post ..Who Needs Tahini?

Reply to daisy's comment

3. Joan on February 7, 2014 at 8:53 am

Ice skating is by far my favorite – I love to watch it!

Reply to Joan's comment

4. Wendy on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 am

Speed skating!
    Wendy´s last post ..yarn along ~ february 5

Reply to Wendy's comment

5. amy svob on February 7, 2014 at 9:23 am

Love the decor! I love all the events, just wish I could be home all day to watch. I can save it but hate the spoil alerts on the news. Are you guys watching it via BBC? A friend told me the coverage so far was better with them. Enjoy!

Reply to amy svob's comment

6. Nebraska Dave on February 7, 2014 at 9:50 am

Susy, yes it’s Winter Olympics time once again. I can’t believe that four years have passed by so quickly. I’m really not a fan of sports on TV. I didn’t even watch the Super Bowl which has become a major sporting event. I guess if I had to pick one event in the Olympics to follow it would be hockey. I guess there’s still some of that High School football in me that likes to see a rough and tumble game of team work and constant action.

Have a great watching the Olympics day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

7. BJ on February 7, 2014 at 10:04 am

I am so looking forward to the festivities tonight! I printed out the Opening Ceremony Bingo cards and have baked the salt dough medals. This afternoon I will make the Olympic Torch Cupcakes and paint the medals! Let the games begin :)

Reply to BJ's comment

8. PennyAshevilleNC on February 7, 2014 at 11:02 am

Is it weird that I am excited about your party too? I know you will have a fun time– Let the games begin!!!!! :)

Reply to PennyAshevilleNC's comment

9. Joy Giles on February 7, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Curling is my favorite. Hope I can find a specific time and channel it’s on.

Reply to Joy Giles's comment

10. Colleen on February 8, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I think ice skating, down hill skiing and speed skating are on the top of my list, but there are so many wonderful events to watch.
    How was your party? You are very creative!

Reply to Colleen's comment