Friday Favorite: Clean Boots

March 7th, 2014

It won’t be long until the snow is all gone, though thankfully we still have some around. Snow makes a fantastic book cleaner, seriously, it’s amazing stuff. After walking in the muddy driveway, hitting the chicken coop and being in other dirty places, a few steps in the snow and voilà super clean tread!
clean boots 2
clean boots 1
I’m certainly going to miss my boot cleaner when it’s gone. After the snow leave mud season arrives and it’s mess, my boots won’t be this clean until the snow falls once again this fall.

Have things started to get muddy in your garden yet?

10 Comments to “Friday Favorite: Clean Boots”
  1. Robin on March 7, 2014 at 7:49 am

We’re still under two feet of snow. I have a little time left to get the sun porch cleaned out before the dogs are banished to it until their feet dry and mud falls out of their fur.
    Robin´s last post ..Cooking Wild Game: Mini Moose Meatloaf

Reply to Robin's comment

2. Mich on March 7, 2014 at 8:00 am

It’s been non stop muddy since last autumn, wettest winter on record. Goodness knows when the ground is going to be dry enough to work :(

Reply to Mich's comment

3. Nebraska Dave on March 7, 2014 at 8:49 am

Susy, no mud here just yet. We are scheduled to have a couple near 60 degree days on Sunday and Monday. That should get things melting for sure. I’m not a real fan of spring thaw but it’s a necessary thing that comes with Spring weather and the ending of Winter. So right now the only mud that I have is in the seedling pots growing onions and cabbages. Well, that’s not really mud but it’s the closest I can come to mud.

Have a great boot cleaning day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

4. Myra S. on March 7, 2014 at 11:19 am

Crazy muddy here too. A very wet winter for sure and I don’t think it’s over yet. We can’t even step into the garden without sinking.

Reply to Myra S.'s comment

5. Reid on March 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Nope, I’m in the same boat as Robin!

Reply to Reid's comment

6. Marcia on March 7, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Snow and cold….can’t get mud at -30.

Reply to Marcia's comment

7. bonnie k on March 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Hi Susy,
    I’m posting from my son’s computer. Since about March 2 or so, I’ve been unable to see your blog pictures or post a comment. Do you know what might have changed?
    Thanks.

Reply to bonnie k's comment

• Susy on March 7, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Probably something to do with your privacy settings in your browser.

• bonnie k. on March 13, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Finally I can see your lovely pictures again!
        I tried tinkering with the privacy settings, but to no avail. (I had not changed them to begin with, so I really suspected it had to be something else.)
        The microsoft help page suggested I delete my browsing history to free up some space. That worked for me.
        A picture does paint a thousand words. :-)

to bonnie k.'s comment

8. Deb on March 8, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Easy to clean those boots even with mud. throw them in the front loader washer. i do it ALL the time and they’ll clean quite well and then spray waterproofing on them again. Washs teel toed ones also quite frequently. Winter boots with removable liner wash up quite well in the washer too. Starting some mud here.

Reply to Deb's comment