Slowly But Surely

March 29th, 2014

We’re still not quite finished painting the one bedroom, crazy I know. I was telling Mr Chiots that we added two bedrooms, a sitting room and a bathroom in our old house way less time than it’s taken us to simply paint one room here.
Painting bedroom
painting brick 1
I just finished painting the chimney in this room, which was tedious to say the least. The worst part was that one side of it was only three inches away from another wall. I ended up taking the top off of one of my big artist brushes, it took a while.
painting brick 2
Hopefully this weekend I start prepping another room for painting!

Any home improvement projects on your weekend to-do list?

7 Comments to “Slowly But Surely”
  1. Ilene on March 29, 2014 at 7:09 am

It DOES take a long time to paint a room if you do it the right way. But it’s going to be so nice when it’s done and it will last a long time. Repeat that three times. Heh.
    Ilene´s last post ..Daily Doin’s, Last Week of March, 2013

Reply to Ilene's comment

2. Songbirdtiff on March 29, 2014 at 8:22 am

I don’t do many home improvements during gardening season, but I have one big project for this year. We are renovating our hall bathroom, removing and replacing the cabinet and sink, new floors, tiled walls, etc. I can’t wait to get it done. It will look so much nicer!
    Songbirdtiff´s last post ..Q&A with Songbirdtiff: Warming the Soil

Reply to Songbirdtiff's comment

3. Nebraska Dave on March 29, 2014 at 9:16 am

Susy, the inside projects are winding down and the outside projects are increasing. Mind you the inside projects (cleaning the basement) are far from being done but then the last basement project (building a food storage room) took the better part of three winter seasons. So next winter the basement will be on the list again to clean up. In the mean time the weather continues to slide slowly toward warmer days but the night are still bone chilling cold. We had some rain yesterday, if you would call it rain. The total accumulation was .09 inch. Yeah, that’s hardly a good morning dew in the summer. We are already about 1 1/4 inches down for moisture in the last two months. Hopefully, April will bring it up.

Have a great slowly but surely painting day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

4. Donna A. on March 29, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Oh wow… that looks stunning!
    I’ve always liked the look of white brick.
    Can’t wait to see the finished progress!

You guys can work as slowly as you want… no need to rush~

Reply to Donna A.'s comment

5. Eliza J on March 29, 2014 at 3:02 pm

What an amazing transformation! LOVE the white…Great job!

Reply to Eliza J's comment

6. Caroline on March 29, 2014 at 6:27 pm

The fireplace looks amazing! So clean and pretty!

This weekend we had to purchase a new toilet, since our water bill for the quarter doubled, it’s pretty obvious that the slow leak has become a FAST leak :( We also purchased a new mattress so the kids bunk beds are all set up and ready to sleep in.

Once the weather warms up I have plans to paint over some water damage on the ceiling of the kids bedroom, then paint the basement (it’s currently covered in paint swatches! I can’t decide!) and hopefully the kitchen after that! I love painting. It’s a sure fire way to make a room look “new.”
    Caroline´s last post ..DIY – Grow Light

Reply to Caroline's comment

7. Robin on March 30, 2014 at 9:09 am

While Steve went off to some other part of Home Depot I wandered over to the bathroom section. I now know what our bathroom will look like and how much it’s going to cost. I need to track down the sink that funnels gray water to the toilet next.

Reply to Robin's comment