Ahhhh……

January 3rd, 2015

I’m looking forward to doing a little bit of this today, hopefully with a book in hand.
littles in front of the fire
It’s going to be a chilly weekend with a winter storm rolling in tonight that’s supposed to dump 4-8 inches of snow on us. You’ll find me in front of the wood stove staying warm!

Do you plans to spend time relaxing this weekend?

7 Comments to “Ahhhh……”
  1. Ilene on January 3, 2015 at 9:12 am

Well maybe we’d all have nine lives if we just followed the influence of our cats! LOL It just slays me when they lay on their backs with their paws on the air. Usually there has to be a pool of sunshine for my cat to do that….
    Ilene´s last post ..It’s Never Perfect, No Matter What They Say

Reply to Ilene's comment

2. Tom @ Raise Your Garden on January 3, 2015 at 9:24 am

That’s great that you have a wood burner. I’m sure it makes it so cozy and nice when the snow keeps coming.
    Tom @ Raise Your Garden´s last post ..Dutch Grown Interview + {Giveaway!}

Reply to Tom @ Raise Your Garden's comment

3. Toni on January 3, 2015 at 9:59 am

I missed my woodstove so much when I moved to Florida, I bought a lookalike heater with a fake fire. Don’e use the heat but still love to “watch the flames”.

Reply to Toni's comment

4. Misti on January 3, 2015 at 11:24 am

It’s my last two days off until I go back to work from the holiday (been off since evening of the 23rd) so I will definitely be soaking it all in! :) I’m going to work on cleaning up around here, doing some organization of some recipes in a recipe book and finish crocheting a cowl.
    Misti´s last post ..Mindful: My Word for 2015

Reply to Misti's comment

5. Nebraska Dave on January 3, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Susy, the cold weather will be arriving tonight with a below zero temperature and just a bit of snow. The prediction is about 1/2 to 1 inch of snow. Not much even by Nebraska standards. My weekend will be spent in the basement working on the basement growing system. Yes, another brainy idea that may work …. or not. In theory it should work great for salad greens. I did find a source of organic soil that wasn’t frozen. It was inside of one of the home improvement stores for five bucks a bag. I have hopes that one bag of 1.5 cu. ft. of soil will fill two five gallon buckets. I might mix some sphagnum moss and maybe some pearlite to help with moisture retention. Bucket growing needs a little lighter fluffier soil. I’m hoping to have the inside garden planted by next week and maybe 30 days later have a small fresh salad. What do you think?

Have a great restful day.

Reply to Nebraska Dave's comment

6. Charlie@Seattle Trekker on January 3, 2015 at 8:27 pm

It appears we will all be enjoyed a well deserved nap on this cold, gray, chilly winter day.
    Charlie@Seattle Trekker´s last post ..Is the Pacific Coast Trail On Your “Bucket List”

Reply to Charlie@Seattle Trekker's comment

7. Victoria on January 5, 2015 at 11:53 pm

I really wish I had a wood stove, especially when the storms roll in! I have to make do by donning a hat indoors and holing up in my bathroom, the warmest room in the house, or sporting a blanket wrapped around my waist like a sarong!

Stay warm!