X is for ____________

August 29th, 2011

I couldn’t come up with any words that started with an X so I used the EX sounds.

EXAGGERATE – I have a tendency to exaggerate time, if you ask me what time it is I’ll tell you 3 pm if it’s 2:35. This trait was handed down to me from my dear dad.

EXUBERANT – I’m a joyful, energetic person. Many people don’t see it because I’m such an introvert, but some folks at the local markets and some of my friends see my exuberant side.

EXACT – I am very exact about certain things in my life, not so much about others. When I cook I barely follow a recipe, but there are other areas of my life where things have to be done a certain way – like folding towels, loading the dishwasher and other things.

What words/phrases describe you that start with a X?

Who’s joining in:
Nic at Nip it in the Bud
KB from My Old New House
Chas from Heritage Acres Homestead
Erika from Our Homegrown Family
Candie from Finding My Roots
Louisa from The Really Good Life
Judy from My Freezer is Full
Xan from Not Dabbling in Normal and Mahlzeit
Amy from I Love Nubians, Make Mine Mini
Jaspanelle from Paganites
Greg from plot 52 is doing beautiful illustrations!
Lisa from Realisa Building an Authentic Life
Emily from Sincerely Emily
Joanna from Zeb Bakes
Misky from Misk Cooks
Compostwoman from The Compost Bin
Tracy from Back to Basics
Susan from Penless Writer
Whit from Knitty Whit
Lynn from Edging Toward the Good Life
Join the Alphabet in August Flickr Photo Group

(if you’re joining in on your blog let me know so I can add you to the list and please link to the daily post here at Chiot’s Run when you post and a pingback will show up in the comments here so people can head over to read your words).

7 Comments to “X is for ____________”
  1. Joanna on August 29, 2011 at 6:11 am

I’m all done! Thanks so much for suggesting this. I’ve pulled out all the stops and finally done letters too!
    Joanna´s last post ..Z is for Zeb Bakes, answers to the Quiz and an extra Competition

Reply to Joanna's comment

2. Jaspenelle on August 29, 2011 at 7:59 am

The only X word I came up with was Xeriscaping (landscaping designed for dry climates.) Fortunately something I do!
    Jaspenelle´s last post ..Nearly Wild Life

Reply to Jaspenelle's comment

3. goatpod2 on August 29, 2011 at 8:48 am

I’m already done with my Alphabet in August! I used Xerox as my X word.

Amy
    goatpod2´s last post ..A doe and her fawn

Reply to goatpod2's comment

4. K.B. on August 29, 2011 at 10:12 am

I turned my X into my love for food :)

Now, to figure out a Y…
    K.B.´s last post ..X is for…

Reply to K.B.'s comment

5. Grace on August 29, 2011 at 11:58 am

We certainly have a lot of personality traits in common! My other eX word would have to be excitable. You can tell when I’m excited because I talk really, really fast in a higher pitched voice than normal. I believe it embarasses some people:)
    Grace´s last post ..Finches Are My Gurus

Reply to Grace's comment

6. MAYBELLINE on August 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm

xox

It’s how I sign every email to my kids.
    MAYBELLINE´s last post ..You Are Out

Reply to MAYBELLINE's comment

7. KimH on August 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

xeriscape is also something I used to do a lot of, gardening in dry hot north Texas.. I still tend to plant plants I know will do better in hot dry beds cuz I really do hate watering plants for some really weird reason. :D