Quote of the Day: Harlan Miller

December 28th, 2009

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.

~Harlan Miller

I’m sad to see Christmas has come and gone. We had to work on Saturday so we didn’t get to enjoy our usual day after Christmas traditions. We did take part of yesterday off though to relax and take in a little more of the season. I think one of the things I love this time of year is the peacefulness of it. Even though we’re still very busy this time of year, it seems easier to take time off here and there for family celebrations and for ourselves.

What part of the holidays would you jar up for the rest of the year?

7 Comments to “Quote of the Day: Harlan Miller”
  1. Marisa on December 28, 2009 at 7:48 am

What a lovely quote (although, being that it mentions jars, you must have known it would resonate with me!). I think I’d wish to jar up time with my parents and sister, since I only get to see them once or twice a year, mostly around Christmas. A small dose of time with them, decanted each month, would be a wonderful thing.
    .-= Marisa´s last blog ..Holiday Wishes =-.

Reply to Marisa's comment

2. Jackie at Lilolu on December 28, 2009 at 8:41 am

I miss Christmas already, also. I was a little sad the day after. Despite the fact, we moved to a smaller house and shared less gifts, this Christmas was truly a magical one for all of us. It will be a engraved in my mind for life.

Happy Day!
    .-= Jackie at Lilolu´s last blog .. =-.

Reply to Jackie at Lilolu's comment

3. Mavis on December 28, 2009 at 10:13 am

The day after Christmas when we all had a “lazy” day and hung out in our pj’s…

Reply to Mavis's comment

4. Rachel on December 28, 2009 at 11:51 am

I specially requested and got my Chiots calender for christmas this year and It is already up and in use. THanks so much for sharing it with us!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..I’ve been… =-.

Reply to Rachel's comment

• Susy on December 28, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Glad you like it. I need to get mine hung up this week.

5. melissa on December 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

the cold. oh, cold weather, I wish I could take you with me.
    .-= melissa´s last blog ..a Christmas photo recap =-.

Reply to melissa's comment

6. Teresa O on December 28, 2009 at 1:48 pm

The moment when a little one first discovers the lit tree with gifts nestled beneath. It’s a magical moment that is hard to capture and keep, except in the memory.
    .-= Teresa O´s last blog ..Christmas Fairies =-.

Reply to Teresa O's comment